Locks of Love

11:15 AM

I have pretty cool friends! Last week they chopped off their long hair for a Locks of Love. You may already know, but Locks of Love is a non-profit organization that makes wigs for children under 21 that have lost their hair due to radiation while fighting cancer. You must be willing to donate 10 inches of your hair. Then it's mailed off to the organization in Florida where they make wigs for cancer patients.

Courtney is an a coach at a local elementary school. She has done this once before and this time she encouraged about 20 of her students to donate their hair to the cause. Also, her sister, sister-in-law and our friend, Amanda, joined in the fun!

Coop and Cassie before the cut.

The entire school came out to watch their coach and fellow students cut their hair.

Snip, snip...there goes Coop's locks!

Amanda's turn. Bye bye long hair!

Right after the cut. I'm so proud of my friend!

All of the adults after their having their long hair chopped. They had to get more hair trimmed to even out their cuts. Now they all have new, short 'dos!

Later the same day at the Chick-fil-a Fall Festival. Coop and Libby have the same cute bob!

I was very proud of my friends for their willingness to do good for others. I was inspired and I hope you are, too.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I LOVE it - Coop's got some nice hair too...sure to make a quality wig for a precious one in need :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Leave a note to let me know what you think.

Popular Posts

Where you from?