Won't You Pray?

11:00 PM

I thought a while before starting this post, maybe even had some hesitation. But this blog is a look into our lives and this post is very important to me. My very best friend in this world is Courtney Cooper. She is wonderful, funny, loyal, outgoing, life-of-the-party and loved by all who know her. We met when I was in 8th grade, she was in 9th. We went skiing in Winter Park, Co with our church youth group. I don't know why we didn't know each other before this point, but we befriended each other during the trip and have been inseparable ever since. We've had all sorts of adventures - spending summers together, going to the beach, growing up, visiting each other in college (she went to Auburn, I went to Alabama), she was my maid of honor in my wedding and Lord knows we've covered hundreds of miles of walking and working out together! The Cooper family was ALWAYS on the go and I loved it. I think I went on as many family vacations with them as I did my own! I promise there was never a dull moment - not with four kids and all of their friends! I could go on and on about all the fun we've had!

Me and Coop (This was just weeks after she cut 10 inches of her hair for Locks of Love)

Libby and her Auntie Coop

Fast forward 14 years later. Coop is still my best friend, she's as fun and as adventurous as ever. She coaches elementary school and I promise, every kid in town loves her! As positive and loving as she is, she's carrying a heaving burden. Her father, Sidney, is very sick. He was diagnosed with ALS, Lou Gehrig's disease about a year-and-a-half ago. The diagnosis was a devastating blow to the entire family. They have worked so hard to take the very best care of their father. They tend to his every need, all day, every day. Even when friends and extended family go home, they are still taking care of Sidney.

Over the last year I've often thought, "What can I do?" I hope I've been a listening ear and a supportive friend to Courtney and her family. But I'll admit, I don' t ever feel like it's enough. However, I have committed to praying for Sidney and the Cooper family daily. I know that my God hears my requests. I pray for relief of his pain, I pray for the family to stay strong, I pray for their faith to withstand this physically, emotionally and spiritually draining time for them.

So won't you join me? Will you commit to asking for God's blessing on this special family? I am thankful for what this entire family means to me. If you are lucky enough to know them, then you know how great they are! Please join me in prayer, it's the least we can do.

Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray. In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalms 5: 2-3

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I know the Cooper's don't really know me that well, but my parents have always thought a lot of Mr. Sidney and I have been praying for them. I will continue to keep them all in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, I'm with you that over the past couple of years I've struggled with what I can do to help a family I grew up with and loved. It's been really difficult to see Courtney and her family go through this and not be able to really do much other than check in. Even though I'm not able to be part of Courtney's everyday life, she always has been and always will be on of my very favorite people. I'm so grateful for all the fun and joy she's brought into my life and I'm very grateful that she has a wonderful friend like you! Although I've been praying for Mr. Sidney and all the Coopers, your post has inspired me to be even more specific in my prayers. Thanks Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Beth! I just wanted to tell you that your post was very sweet! As my family is going through some very difficult times now too - people have expressed your same concerns to our family - not knowing what they can do. PRAYER and lots of it is the absolute best thing that I myself would ask for from anyone!! The Coopers will remain in my prayers!!!

    Love,

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth -
    I will be praying for your friend and her family. We must Trust in HIM who has a perfect plan for our lives, even when we don't understand or agree.
    Thinking of you and Libby today too! Hope your doing good!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Leave a note to let me know what you think.

Popular Posts

Where you from?