Construction, Swimming, Dancing Oh My!

7:30 AM

Hi all! I know I often claim our lives are busy, but I really mean it this time! It's been a full couple of weeks and I can't wait to fill you in on all the happenings we've been up to. 

We've finally completed the baby's nursery and added the finishing touches to Libby's "big girl" room. Thanks to my mom for helping me so much. Without her, honestly, it would go undone. Pictures of the girls' rooms coming soon.

Libby completed swim lessons last week. Instruction from Ms. Jenny was so successful last year that we decided a refresher course couldn't hurt this year. And sure enough, it paid off. She's swimming so well! While we were swimming at home this weekend, she asked to jump off the diving board. After a pep talk from me while treading water in deep end, she took the leap...and then leaped five more times! It's going to be a fun summer in the pool!

To add to our crazy schedules, Drew and I decided to go ahead with a remodeling project we've been contemplating. Our home, which is roughly 30 years old, had a den and separate formal living room. That type of floor plan seems to be the  norm for the time frame it was built. We thought by knocking down the wall between the two rooms that it might give us a more open concept and much more space. The construction is 3/4 complete and it's both exciting and hectic. If you've ever lived in your home DURING a remodel, well then you know just what I'm talking about. But I must say our contractor has been excellent. He's done his job during the day while we're at work. It's still underway, but already love the amount of space it gives our family room. The end result is going to be great!

As if construction wasn't enough to keep us on our toes, Mother's Day morning before church I thought I'd get ahead of the game and run some laundry so I wouldn't have to worry about it later in the day, you know actually enjoy the holiday. Wrong! Shortly after starting the load, I heard gushing sounds (never good) and spotted water rushing over the tile floor in our kitchen. Sure enough, our washer died. Forcing us to purchase a new washing machine last week. Even though it's nice to have a new appliance, you never want to dole out that kind of money. I'd rather take a vacation or buy some new furniture. But I should find great comfort now that I'm washing in high-efficiency mode, right? Eh.

And lastly (but most precious of all) Libby performed in her very first dance recital a few weekends ago. Oh my goodness. It's was a new experience for us. I kept thinking of the over-the-top dance show Dance Moms every time I went back stage. But the actual performance was adorable and very age appropriate. 



She performed a tap and ballet number. So sweet.









All of Libby's biggest fans came out to support her and she really seemed to enjoy herself. 



As sweet as her performance turned out to be, I'm so glad to have the recital behind us. It's one more thing marked off our calendar, yahoo!

And speaking of the calendar, we are exactly two weeks away from delivery day! So I don't guess our lives will be slowing down anytime soon. But at least I won't be 9+ months pregnant anymore. 

Be back soon with more updates. Have a great week!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I completely feel your pain on the whole living in the house as you remodel. And I'm so glad we're past that!
    And I can't believe you're not more excited about your new HE washer! The first time I washed clothes in ours, I pulled up a chair to watch the show. Is that sad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at that precious ballerina! can't wait to see pics of the remodel and the girls' rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...y'all have been BUSY!! :)
    You look amazing and Miss Libby is a darling ballerina! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth- you have YET to look preggo! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - Libby looks so sweet in her tutu recital costume! How precious!

    I can't believe y'all tackled a remodel project why pregnant. Wow Beth, y'all are brave haha.

    I'm praying for you and hope you have a safe, easy & fast delivery. Can't wait to meet the next Parkman beauty!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Leave a note to let me know what you think.

Popular Posts

Where you from?