Easter 2013

3:28 PM

How was your Easter weekend? Full of egg hunting? Full of church? Full of (blasted) delicious candy? Ours was...different. Wanna hear about it? 

The girls' daycare was closed Friday in honor of Good Friday. Drew and I split the day, Drew watched the girls in the morning, I in the afternoon. Drew's Dad stopped by and took Libby to play at the farm for the afternoon. The weather was beautiful. 




Friday evening my parents came over to babysit the girls while Drew and I went to a friend's 40th birthday. Saturday we went to the park, made a run to the grocery store, the Easter Bunny readied baskets for the girls. We even grilled a nice dinner Saturday night.

(Spoiler alert: it's about to get interesting.) 

Around 1:30 am Sunday morning we awoke to crying. Libby had thrown up and was very sick. We jumped into parenting mode. You know the "get her to the bathroom, clean her up, is she going to be sick again?" kind of mode. After we calmed her down and assessed the situation, it was decided a palette on our bedroom floor VERY close to the bathroom (and not in my bed) would be best for her. Poor thing was sick off and on until around 7 am. We were all exhausted! But thankfully the throwing up stopped. She was tired. I got a text that my Mom had been up sick all night, too. Oh dear. Not exactly how I thought Easter would go.

We decided she and Drew would stay home from church. The baby and I got up and got ready. The girls didn't get to wear their matching dresses, but Georgia Kate and I wore our Easter best. 



The girls did check out their baskets before church. 


Check out Libby's hair. :)


When we returned from church Libby was feeling much better! She was bouncing around the house and begging to hunt eggs. 

We joined the family for Easter lunch. Libby wasn't ready to eat and got tired, so she opted to nap on the couch. But when she woke up, she had enough energy to hunt eggs. So that's what we did.





We are still recovering from the unwelcome virus (Drew's Dad and I also were brought down by the bug - yuck!) Even though Easter weekend wasn't quite what I had in mind, I'm happy that we got to celebrate with our family and it sure makes me realize we should be thankful for our health.

I must go now, I need to replenish my stock of Lysol spray and wipes. Stay healthy, friends!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh NO!!! Such is the game of life. Looks like you made the best of the situation - bless you!
    As always...pretty Mama & girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO is right.. I hate the bug got yall!! :( Atleast she was feeling better to hunt those eggs! And that is a precious picture of you two!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Leave a note to let me know what you think.

Popular Posts

Where you from?