Now That's Chicago

1:59 PM

The last weekend in April I had the chance to travel to Chicago, IL. I'd never been before so it was a great excuse to visit when my college roommate, Daryn, relocated there this fall. 

My friend, Kathryn, and I starting moving on the idea that we needed to visit. After some planning, we booked flights and made plans for a girls' weekend. 

A few things you should know:
1. Chicago is a cold place. (What,  you knew that already?) When our plane landed Friday morning (in late April) it was SNOWING. Did I mention it was April? Spring! Not supposed to be snowing. But it was.

2. Chicago is very clean. Loved that!

3. I recommend visiting Chi-town if you've never done so.

I have so many great pictures to share!

Daryn lives in the heart of downtown on the Magnificent Mile. She has an awesome apartment! Check out the view from the 47th floor. Wow!


That body of water is Lake Michigan. What a view!


The city is so neat. Plenty to do. Great food and so much shopping.  


We ate a Chicago deep dish pizza at Giordano's.


Oh. My. Word. So good!


We visited Cloud Gate better known as the "Bean".







Did some walking and bus riding around the city to take it all in. 


Public transportation is an experience!




Saturday night we went to the top of the John Hancock Center before dinner. There is a restaurant and bar on the 96th floor. Whoa, the views were cool. Sooo high!



Sunday we road the El Train to Wrigleyville. This is the neighborhood surrounding Wrigley Field. 


The cubs were out of town the weekend we visited. But we got to see the stadium and take in spirit of the team.





We had brunch and did some shopping in this area before we headed back downtown. 


It was a great trip. Too fast, but we covered a lot of ground during our 3-day trip. Daryn was a great hostess and we enjoyed so much good food and time to catch up with each other. It's a blessing to still be friends all these years later. Thanks, girls, for an amazing trip. I made some awesome memories!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. It was a fantastic girl's weekend! SO much fun to visit Daryn and enjoy an awesome city...despite the snowy welcome! Can't wait for the next time we all get together!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Leave a note to let me know what you think.

Popular Posts

Where you from?