Beach Trip

12:00 PM

The week of birthday fun continued Thursday afternoon. We loaded up and headed to Panama City Beach. The weather was great - three days of sunny skies and a nice breeze to keep us cool.

It had been about 7 or 8 months since Libby's last trip to the beach. She wasn't sure about the sand and didn't like getting too close to the ocean. We struck up a plea bargain and she agreed to walk on the sand only if she wore her Dora crocs. Deal.

Check out this tutu bathing suit! So darn cute! (Did I mention I LOVE having a girl?)

Friday night we went to Pier Park. We ate at Five Guys Burgers and Fries. It was sinfully good. Libby thought so, too. She must have eaten at least half of Drew's burger. Next time, she's getting her own.


We spent lots of time outside. Libby was up early (and I mean early) each morning telling us, "Outside! Beach! Swimmin'!" Drew tried to explain to her that we had to wait for the sun to rise to go outside. She didn't believe him.

I must admit, the pictures on the beach are deceiving. After the first morning, we spent most of our time in the pool. She absolutely loved it. As she was splashing and kicking around she would announce, "I swimmin'!" Yes, she was!

Saturday night was beautiful! Drew grilled (fresh trout he'd caught that morning and hot dogs) on the patio while we all enjoyed the awesome sunset. Ahh! Repeat after me, "This is the life!"


The only bad thing about going to the beach is that sooner or later, you must leave. We had a great trip and enjoyed spending time with each other. I can't wait to go back soon and do it all again.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I just went to my happy place looking at those pictures...it looks like it was a great weekend! Libby is so cute and I love the expression on her face in the pic on the beach on the blue blanket. Aaaahhhh, life is so much better with a beach! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby's tutu bathing suit is ADORABLE! Looks like y'all had a good time! Coming home is always the downside to a beach trip. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...the beach! Love Libby's bathing suit, her hair, and her girlyness! Sorry I have been so out of it lately! Happy belated birthday to Libby!!! We are headed to destin-30A tomorrow for a short trip and I cannot wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. o cute! If I can't have a girl of my own, or go to the beach, at least I get to watch the cutest little girl ever enjoying it. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Leave a note to let me know what you think.

Popular Posts

Where you from?