Marathon, points and Trick Pony

8:05 AM

Oh what a weekend! And the title pretty much sums up our trip. I'll explain all that shortly.

My long time friends, Coop, Heather, Beth H. and I hit the road Friday afternoon headed for Panama City Beach. It was the four of us - no kids, no pets, no spouses. Just us girls.

We have known each other for many years. We went to different high schools and different colleges, but we all attended the same church growing up. Even though our dynamics have changed over the years, they still hold a special place in my heart. Old friends always do.

After getting a great night's sleep and taking in breakfast and coffee overlooking the beach, we spent all day on the beach Saturday.


It was really warm and sunny for October.




Warm enough for these two to flail around in the ocean swim!


After a day on soaking up the sun, we showered and headed to Schooner's for dinner and to watch college football. 




Our dinner was great, the Auburn game, however, was not. Sorry, friends.

But that didn't dampen our spirits. Throughout dinner Beth and Heather made friends with the people at the table next to them. First they discussed SEC football. Then the friendly chatting led us to find out that Mr. Cowboy was a country singer from Nashville.


After a few hours we had a new friend, Keith Burns. Sound familiar? (No? It didn't to me, either.) But I bet you remember the band Trick Pony. They had a few songs you'd recognize: Pour Me and On a Night Like This. Trick Pony is no longer together - I've give you a moment to grieve- but don't worry, Keith is back with a new duo, Burns and Poe. He and his friend were extremely friendly and for that, I'm now a Burns and Poe fan.

The rest of our trip was rounded out by talk of the marathon that Heather is training for. She'll run 26.2 miles in November, wow! She had her long run Saturday morning, 20 miles. Needless to say, I was impressed! Coop kept up on task by announcing every food's value of Weight Watcher points and I shared "up dog" jokes with anyone that would listen. I think I fell asleep and woke up laughing. These girls are funny!


It was a wonderful trip with great memories to add to the books.
 

Each of these girls is special to me. I love that our friendship has spanned so many years. And I love that they can say one line and have me spitting my water across the room! That's what friends are for.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Looks like a fun weekend. And you might just be one of the lucky few who got to enjoy the beach before it's too cool to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a great weekend! You girls all look fabulous! Beth P, love the long locks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's not much better in life than old friends who get you, know you & love you completely. Sounds like a dreamy girls trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Groupies!!! :)) How fun!
    Coop is looking FAB - as are all of you! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Leave a note to let me know what you think.

Popular Posts

Where you from?