Eighth Month

6:30 PM


I've entered my eighth month of pregnancy. 32 weeks and there is no doubt I'm feeling very pregnant. But I'm not on this adventure alone. My friend, Jill (who is due any day second now) is also expecting her second child. It's been fun to swap war stories and prepare as we go through this stage of our lives together. We've been walking at the park on Wednesday nights while our children are a church. You should see the looks we get. People step aside to let us through. Maybe they're afraid pregnancy is contagious?

Baby is the size of: About four-and-a-half pounds.

Symptoms: How much time do you have? ;) Heartburn, numerous trips to the restroom every day and very hard to get much sleep. All typical at this stage of pregnancy, but still no fun.

Maternity clothes: My closet is full of them. I've even had to retire a few tops that worked in my second trimester, but not anymore. I am this close to being over all maternity clothes. I got to the same point with my last pregnancy.

Sleep: Not getting very much of it. Along with the usual culprits of heartburn and being uncomfortable, I've started having leg cramps in the middle of the night. I miss sleep - I'm a very tired woman!

Fun moment(s) this past week/month: My very kind co-workers threw me a baby shower at work. I got a stock pile of diapers, wipes and bath products. My girlfriends also hosted a lovely friends/family shower this weekend. I got such pretty things for the baby and her room. I am so pleased! We've also made lots of progress in the nursery. The furniture is set up, bed is made, I've washed and folded tons of onesies. Now we just need our little bebe to complete the room.

Movement: She moves all throughout the day and night.

Food cravings/aversions: Other than wanting a glass of milk at night, I can't say I'm having specific cravings. If you know me, you know I like food, so I can't blame being pregnant on that!

Gender & Name: a nameless girl

Weight gained: 23 lbs

What I am looking forward to: Now that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I'm looking forward to my baby girl's arrival and being home this summer. I'll admit, I'm in denial about how hectic the first six to eight weeks will be. Especially with another child in the house. But I'm up for the challenge! I'm ready to meet my daughter with hugs and kisses.


I can't wait to have my little girl grow up with Jill's little boy! Please keep both of us in your prayers as we race to the finish line.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. YOu may be very pregnant but girl you look amazing for 32 weeks! For some reason when you reach about 26 weeks everyone gives those looks. LOL Its crazy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to Kelli's comments. You both look gorgeous! I hope I look that good when/if I get pregnant. I'm sure the last stage of pregnancy is incredibly uncomfortable, but hey at least you're due before the heat & humidity of deep south summer hits! That has to be miserable. Praying for both you & Jill to have easy deliveries & happy, healthy babies :) Much love & blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, you look AH-MAZ-ING!! Seriously, you make pregnancy look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if it's contagious maybe I need to come walk with y'all! 😉 Hope everything continues to go smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Leave a note to let me know what you think.

Popular Posts

Where you from?