Girls' Beach Trip

9:45 AM

August is here and it's been hot and full of back-to-school busyness. But before I officially send my oldest off to Kindergarten (waahh!), let me recap our annual girls' trip to Panama City Beach. 

My mom, Libby, Georgia Kate and I spent four days flinging toys (as you can see below) and soaking up the sun at the beach. 

The girls loved taking over the condo and playing together.


Georgia Kate made a baby friend at the pool. They really liked the other's hat. 


When she wasn't flirting with boys, she kept us on task by walking laps around the pool and being her usual cute self. 


Libby logged hours and hours in the ocean and pool. This girl is a fish and a great swimmer! 


We discovered Georgia Kate can keep herself busy when the adults weren't keeping a close enough eye on her. :)


Toilet paper. Everywhere. Fun!


We also had a very special visit while we were in PCB. We were able to spend time with my mother's aunt (my great aunt and the girls' great great aunt) Georgia Kohlhagen. She's the inspiration for Georgia Kate's name. 

We had a sweet time visiting with Aunt Georgia and she was delighted to see the girls. She told us that she was honored to have Georgia Kate's name carried on. As we drove back to the condo my mom and I agreed that was well worth the time we carved out to visit. She was overjoyed and we all felt loved. 


And even though we were on vacation, I stuck to my running plan. I ran seven miles around the Thomas Drive area early Saturday morning. It was hot, I was tired, but I did it! 

I took this picture around mile three. Very pretty scenery along the way!


I'm about half way through the 13 week training plan. I keep surprising myself each week. I have had great support from those training with me. I find myself looking forward to each new goal. Truth be told it's a mixture of dread and excitement, but it's awesome to see what I can accomplish when I push myself. 

Have a great week!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I love reading your comments! Leave a note to let me know what you think.

Popular Posts

Where you from?