Mid October

11:49 AM

I spent last week recovering from the half marathon and our fun girls' trip. We rose early and stayed up late to make the most of our weekend. We all agreed that we paid the price when we returned to work Monday. So tired! Thankfully my friends are entertaining and kept me laughing via group messages all day Monday and Tuesday. I think it helped us all get over the hump and face reality again.

I took all last week off from running. I ran 3.5 miles Saturday and it tired me out. I wondered how I made it 13 miles the week before. Since returning home I've been trying to decide if I want to run another half marathon. Funny how I was struggling and hating the last several miles during the race and now I'm thinking, "Should I do it again?"  

There is big marathon and half marathon in town November 9. I think I might do it just to see if I can beat my time. I'd be doing it without my crew of friends. Just me and 2,000 strangers. Should I do it? 

.............................................................................

In non-running news...we've been busy with fall happenings. My Bunco group had Halloween-themed Bunco this weekend. This month's hostess, Cassidy, goes all out for Halloween. Tombstones, talking witches, creepy decorations. She lives for it!


Our annual friends Halloween party is coming up this weekend.Things we will not being going as:

Miley Cyrus
Clowns
Blue Man Group
Naughty anything
Witches

What will we dress up as? We're actually still figuring that out. You'll have stayed tuned to see our final decision. I'll post pictures of all the funny costumes that emerge at this year's party.

....................................................................


And let's take a moment to enjoy the BCS standings that were released Sunday. My team's at the top! Check Auburn out at #11. It was a very exciting weekend of college football!

BCS Standings
RKTEAMRECORD
1Alabama7-0
2Florida State6-0
3Oregon7-0
4Ohio State7-0
5Missouri7-0
6Stanford6-1
7Miami (FL)6-0
8Baylor6-0
9Clemson6-1
10Texas Tech7-0
11Auburn6-1
12UCLA5-1
13LSU6-2
14Virginia Tech6-1
15Oklahoma6-1
16Texas A&M5-2
17Fresno State6-0
18Northern Illinois7-0
19Oklahoma State5-1
20Louisville6-1
21South Carolina5-2
22Michigan6-1
23UCF5-1
24Nebraska5-1
25Oregon State6-1

............................................................................................................

And in honor of cooler weather FINALLY finding its way to the great state of Alabama. I created a board to reflect my favorite fall outfit so far. I love layering mint green and leopard print together. 


Have a great week. Take time to enjoy fall and all its goings on. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I love reading your comments! Leave a note to let me know what you think.

Popular Posts

Where you from?